Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

10/23/2009

Ahhh Memories!!!



These are my lovely sticker books. The four on the top are from when I was a kid in the 80's...ahhh memories...crap I'm old...ha, ha, ha. My sister and I were hard-core collectors from 4th through 8th grade. We used to ride our bikes 8 miles one way to get the trend stinky stickers. Once we got in High School it wasn't cool anymore and I think I was getting too old for it. Well, I have recently started to collect again with my niece and I am having so much fun. I love the scratch and sniff the best. My stickers from the early 80s still smell, can you believe it?

I wish I wouldn't have stuck the stickers onto the pages. I have some really rare ones that are fetching some high prices on the Internet, oh well, I was a kid. The top left book has 76 pages in it and tons of stickers on each page. I guess I was a hard-core collector. A lot of the stickers are in really good shape, but some are, well, pretty crappy. I love them all anyways, and they give me fond memories of my childhood and I smile every time I look at them!!!

The bottom two books are my adult collection. I also collect wacky pack stickers and garbage pail kids. I had tons of those when I was a kid, I wonder what happened to them? If you have any sticker books or stickers that you would like to part with leave a comment here with your email and I will contact you. I look for mainly vintage sniff stickers, but I like lots and lots of others too!!!

No comments: