Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

9/05/2008

Hopper Update


On August 30th I noticed that the little hoppers that I found in my flower bead were crawling out of their nest. I was worried because I didn't want my dogs to get at them so I went over to the nest to investigate. I found the bunnies were all skin and bones. The mother hadn't been back for them in at least a night or two. I knew that they wouldn't survive without their mother. I had my husband bring them to a wildlife rehabilitator. They were brought to Fellow Mortals animal hospital in Lake Geneva. If you would like to learn more about Fellow Mortals look HERE.

I was sad that the little bunnies were orphaned but, they are in good hands at the animal hospital. If you would like to learn more about cottontails nests please look HERE

No comments: