Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

11/27/2007

Retro Style Christmas Ornaments/EFA December Challenge


I am a member of this awesome group on etsy.com called the EFA(Etsy for animals) We are a group of almost 300 members on etsy.com that give a portion of our proceeds to various animal charities. We have a website that you can view to learn more about our awesome group. We also have a team shop on etsy.com that you can visit to purchase items that are donated by members. The funds are donated(after fees and shipping) to the chosen animal charity of the month. We have monthly challenges based on a theme. A portion of the proceeds of all challenge items are donated to various animal charities. Here is a little info about my lovely items:

These beautiful ornaments are made with retro style papers decoupaged onto wooden rectangles. Sparkles are added and then a coat of sealer is applied over the top. These ornaments have different images on both sides, so they are reversible!!! How thrifty!!! One ornament has santa on the front with a gold star on his hat;the other side of the ornament has a bell with gold stars. The second ornament has caroling snowmen with holly on top and the other side has a snowman couple. These ornaments would make great stocking stuffer or party favor gifts!!! To view these awesome ornaments in my etsy shop please visit here. I make/sell crazy colorful collage jewelry in my etsy shop to view some of my wonderful creations please visit here

These super spectacular ornaments were created for the EFA December Challenge theme "Handmade Holidays" When the theme was announced I immediately thought of ornaments. I have been making ornaments every year since I was a wee little tyke...or ever since I can remember. My sisters and I spent our evenings in the winter making ornaments that my mother sold at her work to make extra money for Christmas. When I think of "Handmade Holidays" I always think of ornaments. I make different styles and types of ornaments each year. I have sold and given my ornaments as gifts. What I have left I usually keep for myself.....ummmm....is that why I have hundreds and hundreds of ornaments???? I think, yes!!! I love to decorate, so it is okay.

I will be donating 100% of the proceeds of sale of these ornaments (after fees and shipping) to the "Pot Belly Pig Fund" at the Jefferson County Humane Society. This is a fund that I have established for "River" the rescued pot belly pig currently housed at the shelter. He was neglected and found starving to death on the side of the road. He is on the road to recovery under the loving care of the kind folks at the shelter.
Please check out the charity section of my shop. I have other items that a portion of the proceeds benefit various animal groups.
Happy Holidays!!!!

No comments: