Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

12/02/2008

Christmas Pickle


The tradition of the Christmas Pickle goes way back....to when dinosaurs roamed the earth.....(well not really that long ago, I'm fibbing a wee bit). The tradition of the Christmas pickle is to hide the pickle deep within the tree. On Christmas morning whomever finds the pickle first gets a little extra gift or gets to open their gifts first.

The photo above is of my version of the Christmas Pickle (His name is Peter).He is lovingly made with my own two hands out of polymer clay. This super salty little dude is available for purchase in my ETSY SHOP. If a pickle just won't do for your holiday tree how about a banana, chili pepper,pea pod, or mushroom. I have those veggies available in my SEASONAL section in my etsy shop. Start a new holiday family tradition!

Here is a little more info about Peter Pickle:

Peter Pickle picked a peck of pickled peppers (I think that is a how it goes, he,he) I love pickles!!! Petter is lovingly made with hand-mixed polymer clay. He comes with a screw-eye on top and hook ready to hang on your Christmas tree. Find the pickle on the ole christmas tree!!!!! He arrives just in time for holiday decorating and gift giving. He would make an awesome party favor or stocking stuffer. This cute little fella would look great on your mini tree in your kitchen or on your dinning room table, or you could put him on a ribbon or chain and wear him as a pendant. Who says you can't wear a pickle?? He measures approx. 2in. long by about 1/2in. wide. How very cute he is!!!! Thanks for looking and convo with questions.

No comments: