Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

11/24/2008

Papier Mache Christmas Ornaments


Every year I make ornaments for myself and to resell. I have listed this awesome papier mache star ornament in my ETSY SHOP. I am planning on trying my hand at making some other papier mache style ornaments. The drying time is a little long, but the ornaments have to be fully cured before you can paint them. So stayed tuned for more awesome ornaments. Here is a little more info about the star ornament:

This silver and gold papier mache star ornament is made with recycled newspapers. I used the paper pulp technique. It was fully cured and coated with a few layers of silver and gold paint. It has a layer of sparkly glitter to give it that extra special shine. It has a silver cord attached on the top for easy hanging on your tree. The approx. measurements are 4-1/2 by 4-1/2 at the widest points on the star. What a great ornament to give to that special someone this holiday season! This ornament would look awesome on a primitive or handmade tree!!!

No comments: