Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

9/11/2007

Stewart's Recovery


My pet rat Stewart had surgery one week ago today. He is healing well. He has gotten wise to the mixing of the medicine into cookie dough. Arrrghhh...so now I have to try to give it to him orally. It is a fight from start to finish. Well, his medicine is almost gone and I have been watching his wound very carefully. I can tell that he is mad at me. He doesn't come to the front of the cage anymore when I go to get him out. He knows that I am going to clean out his wound....ummm...he doesn't like that very much. It is for his own good. The photo is of him with a honey drop in his mouth. He sat up in his "food" corner with the drop in his mouth for at least 10 minutes. I think he was savoring it. Something other than medicine laced dough....yeah!!!!

No comments: