Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

8/20/2007

Etsy Trashion Street Team


I have joined an awesome group on etsy.com called EtsyTrashion. Following is a little write up about the group:

Etsy Trashion Team is about visualizing beauty in unconventional objects and materials. It fabricates art, jewelry, fashion and objects for the home from used, thrown-out & found elements. Trashion is a philosophy and an ethic. It encompasses environmentalism and innovation, and respects the human creative and healing potential. Making traditional objects out of recycled materials can be trashion. Making avant-garde fashion out of cast-offs or junk can be trashion.

Etsy Trashion Team is a group for those interested in trashion, whether gurus or beginners. Not all of their art must be trashion, and not all of their trashion items must be 100%. Membership is based on excitement, involvement and inclusion rather than rules, hierarchies and exclusion. Anyone who truly wants to be making, learning and sharing trashion is welcome.

I reuse a lot of "junk" in my art/jewelry. My motto is "Anything can be made into jewelry" I am excited about the new team that I have joined!!!!!! The photo is of one of my jewelry pieces made with recycled parts. This lovely bracelet is made with non-working clock motor parts. If you like what you see and are interested in viewing more of my unique jewelry please visit: www.StarsDreamsandJewels.etsy.com
If you are interested in viewing more awesome trashion art visit the etsy trashion links on the left of my blog!!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments: