Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

8/14/2007

Dog Days of Summer- August EFA Challenge/Dog Bottle Cap Flowery Pin


I created this beautiful pin for the EFA August Monthly Challenge. The efa(etsy for animals) is a group of over 200 artists on etsy.com that donate a portion of their proceeds to animal charities. To learn more about our group please click on link list on the left under Etsy for Animals.
This awesome pin is made with a bottle cap that has an image of a cute pug dog. The image is preserved in resin. This silvery pin has three loops with 9 little clusters of glass flowers and leaves. This would look awesome on your favorite summer outfit!! A perfect accessory to complete any outfit. Can be worn in fall too...would look great on a jacket, sweater, or blazer!!!!
The challenge was to make an item that fit into the theme of "The Dog Days of Summer". When I think of the dog days of summer, I think of how hot it is in July and August and how the days just seem to drag along in the sweltering heat. We all need to find a little relief from the heat.
To cool down and relax after a long day of creating, in the evening I sit out on my screened-in front porch and enjoy a nice cold diet soda pop and look at my beautiful flowers and the nature around me. My lovely doggies are at my side chewing on their bones. I love to spend time with my dogs Gertrude and Stella!!!!
The pin has all the elements of my idea of the "Dog Days of summer"
bottle cap= cool down with an ice cold drink
flowers= sit and relax, enjoy nature
dog image= spend time enjoying the company of your furry friends
I will be donating 25% of the proceeds of this pin to the ASPCA. A very worthwhile cause.
If you would like to view more of my awesome jewelry please visit www.StarsDreamsandJewels.etsy.com

No comments: