Artistian Jewelry,Green Living, and Humane Society Activities

6/14/2007

Hi- Thanks for visiting my blog. I am new to this blogging business. I wanted to create a blog to let people view my beautiful jewelry designs and let them now a little about myself and my volunteer activities.

Okay here goes..
I graduated from UW Oshkosh in 2002 with my BFA in Metals and Fibers. It was so awesome going to college and being surrounded by all the beautiful art and people. I miss it very much. That is why I am taking a Metalsmithing class this summer. I am going to try to get my "hands" back into metalsmithing. It will probably be like I am starting over. Metalsmithing is one of the most time consuming and unforgiving meduims in the art world. Even so, I love it and I love all types of jewelry.

Some of my other art interests include but are not limited to: photography, weaving, textile design, puppetry, mosaics, quilting, upholestry, ceramics, sculpture, and most other forms of 3-D art. I currently have a loom and was very interested in weaving and textile design while I was in college, thus the Fibers major. Not to say that I am not intereseted in it now. But, I find myself with too many interests/hobbies/activities and not enough time. My main interest is beaded jewelry designs and anything that has to do with jewelry. I have been making jewelry for almost 18 years. I have had my jewelry in many shops and galleries over the years. I also had a gallery exhibit of my work in 2001.

These are some of current and past interests/hobbies/activities:
1.) Currently have my jewelry designs at a shop in my town and my jewelry designs are on the web can be viewed at www.StarsDreamsandJewels.etsy.com
2.) I make and sell my yummy fudge at two business in my town.
I also sell them on ebay under the username of Pinkhd30 at the Holidays. 10% of my profits of the local sales go to the Food Pantry in town. 10% of the web profits go to the Jefferson County Humane Society.
3.) I published a cookbook and am selling it through 5 local businesses and through the Jefferson County Humane society. 25% of the retail price of the book will go directly to the Humane Society to help them continue their important work.
4.) I volunteer at the Jefferson County Humane Society
5.) Participate in local community Art projects that help support the Arts Alliance
6.) Taught Art/Craft classes through the Park and Rec and Senior Center
7.) Commisioned for ceramic mural for UW Fox Valley. Art work currently hangs outside of the theatre located inside of UW Fox Valley.

I currently live in a beautiful home in Whitewater, WI with my husband, two dogs, and two cats.

No comments: